Awards Breakdown (thanks to fuckyeahukiss)
MUSIC BANK KCHART
65% digital music chart/sales (including mobile sales, which is 1:4 with online sales)
[melon is 36.9%, bugs is next imp, mnet, olleh is 6.4%, & soribada is 5%]
5% album sales (hanteo, synnara, and hot tracks)
20% broadcast time (frequency of appearances, both tv and radio)
10% viewer’s rating (the audience votes for their favorites)
50% digital music chart/sales (mnet, melon, soribada, bugs)
10% album chart/sales (hanteo, synnara, and hot tracks)
5% global fan voting (vote online with an mnet account)
20% preference at age
10% live show preferences
5% sms voting (during the show on air, only top 10 applies)
MBC SHOW CHAMPION
50% digital sales (streaming + downloads)
15% Bugs votes
20% Hanteo chart
15% music professional/expert judge rankings (MBC Music)
A huge chunk of the percentage is in sales. If you want to buy, here’s how.
- These sites count towards the Hanteo charts. Look for this sign for verification
!!! ITUNES SALES DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE CHARTS.
- You are free to buy where you want to, but remember that iTunes sales will not count towards any award wins.
Online search results on the major music websites are also important.
How to search
- Type in the artist/song name i.e. 블락비, 닐리리맘보, Block B, 블락비 닐리리맘보
- Click “Search” (검색) or press “Enter”
- Click the one you want to view
- Stay on the result page for at least 2 minutes before you close the tab/browser and then open a new tab/browser to search againYou can search as many times as you want, for free. The chart for artists is separate from the one for songs, so change your search keyword occasionally to keep them both high on the charts. Delete your internet history in between searches to ensure yours counts!(info thanks to mocha @ absolutemblaq.net)
- 36.9% of the points for Music Bank, also important for M!Countdown
- 6.4% on Music Bank
- Counts towards Music Bank, M!Countdown and Show Champion
- Bugs 1 Day Free Streaming Tutorial
Some of the shows have specific polls for voting for your favorite artist.
- You must choose 3 artists to vote for, so pick 블락비 (Block B) and then two other artists you like!
- Click “투표하기” at the bottom of the page and a box will pop up. Click “로그인” in the blue box to log in to Bugs using your facebook account.
- Once you have logged in, click “학인”, and you’ve voted!
- You can vote once a day. If you have more than one account, you can vote with those as well.
- Counts for M!Countdown
- You can vote at both the Global site and the Japanese site (tutorial for registration here)
- Text voting is also available, but only counts while M!Countdown is airing.
Let’s go, BBCs!